Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mushu!


Our first assignment for 2D Character animation was a Mushu head turn! What fun!

This is my first time actually animating someone else's design from a model sheet, so I was a little nervous that I wouldn't get the design right. I drew him a lot in my sketchbook, and I think that definitely got me a little more prepared. There are still a few things bugging me, but I think I managed to draw him pretty convincingly.

I have two versions of my head turn.

The first is the version I turned in.



My Professor liked it, it seems. There are still a few things to fix, which I'll get onto soon.

My second version is an unfinished one. At one point, I had Mushu stop at a 3/4 pose, as if he's listening, before progressing to the final extreme.
Prof. Webber said it wasn't bad, but that to keep in aims with the assignment, I should focus more on the two extremes. Also, the middle pose breaks the pacing a bit. Nevertheless, I think I could still work with it so that it's paced better, but time will tell if it'll get finished.


I'll be posting again with more stuff soon!

2 comments:

  1. Dang, those are good! Unfortunately, the only thing I retained from Webber's class is the memory he showed us "Runaway Brain".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I remember that one. I think it played in theaters with "Goofy Movie"

    ReplyDelete