Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Psych Character Designs be stylin'

Ehem...

This quarter, I'm taking a Character Design and Storyboarding class.
One of the first projects was to take an existing television show and convert the characters into caricatures. Now, allow me to say that my professor often refers to our caricatures as either "animatable" or "non-animatable".  At this point, he's completely ignoring basic shape breakdowns and turn-arounds (which, no doubt, will become needed for later projects).

In any case, this means the designs I have here are far from "animatable" yet. Nevertheless, he seemed to like them, and that's good. I'm pretty proud of them.

Here they are:
Gus
Shawn
Juliet
Lassiter


Lassiter was by far my favorite to draw. He's already so darned cartoony!

No comments:

Post a Comment